The stats stack up
Before you read the stats see what others have said about Graphic Design…
Findings from the Design Council’s National Survey of firms, really do demonstrate the increasing importance of good design. Check out these facts:
- who regarded design as integral to their operation has doubled to 30%
- making use of the various design disciplines has risen by 15%
- who had developed new products and services and reported design as leading or guiding the whole process had increased.
- 23% of businesses thought design had become a lot more important over the last three years in enabling the firm to achieve its business objectives. 30% said it was a little more important and only 5% considered it less important
- more than half (52%) of firms agreed or agreed strongly that design is integral to the country’s future economic performance – 16% disagreed or disagreed strongly
- 59% of firms agreed or agreed strongly that there was a clearly positive link between investment in design and profitability – 13% disagreed or disagreed strongly
- over the last twelve months 34% of firms had seen design expenditure grow moderately or rapidly whilst only 5% had seen it decrease
- 95% of firms were very or quite satisfied with the design services they had commissioned over the last 12 months
- design plays an important role in developing new products and services – particularly among larger businesses
- the most common use of design is still marketing (71%) and other external facing functions (62%), such as corporate branding and websites
See these comments from some of our recent clients, which further underline the importance of good design.